Thursday, August 21, 2008

Please Hold.....Forever.....hahahahaha

We've all been put on hold. You sit on hold waiting and waiting and you have no idea why. I just called somewhere and I got put on hold and then you know how you hear the recording saying "Your call is very important...Please hold for some idiot to get off his lazy butt and answer your call." One would think if my call were really that important, they would never put me on hold in the first place! Would you put the President on hold? I don't think so. Maybe I'll just try saying I'm the President's daughter. My dad could be president of something. I'll show them!

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2008 11:45 AM, Blogger Solanum said...

I remember when I was younger, our phone number was very similar to that of a local radio station. We'd regular get people calling in to different radio shows.
My sisters and I would ask them to hold, and hold, and hold. We'd periodically come back to the phone and tell them they're the next caller and will be on the air in a few minutes, so please stay on the line. Then we'd go get a sandwich or something and come back later to see if they were still holding. If they were, we'd ask them to hold some more.

Other times, we'd make random barnyard noises. My father once asked a caller to a personal finance show why he would take legal advice from a radio show, and told him to just put his money in the bank.

One last thing, there's a great website that shows you the quickest way to bypass those dumb menu trees and speak to a real person. It's www.gethuman.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home