Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mis-Fortune Cookies

I never ever save my fortunes from the cookies because they always suck. I always get the ones that say stuff like "You made a wrong turn on your road of life. Turn around and start over" - I don't make this stuff up.
Meanwhile, I opened my wallet today to pay for something and I found 2 fortunes that actually don't suck. One says "A beautiful person is with you. Confide your problems." The other says, "Be happy with the person you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I really like those. I guess that's why I saved them. And I did NOT save the one about my wrong turn.....altho I actually did make many wrong turns this weekend....that's b/c I don't know how to read road maps....

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2007 9:48 AM, Blogger Solanum said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/23/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Solanum said...

The snidest fortune cookie I ever got told me "Your success will astonish everyone." Thanks a lot!

Another good one said "The secret to happiness lies in good health and a bad memory."

I once read an article that this major fortune-cookie company that produces a large percentage of the US's cookies is located in Queens. They have thousands of files of fortunes that they use, but sometimes want to generate new ones. So they held a contest in a local elementary school, where the kids write the fortunes.

By the way, Solanum is the name of my blog. I've been blogging on and off for a while, but haven't really shared it with anyone- UNTIL NOW! Check it out and spread the word
-Dovid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home