Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happy 100th!

One day, while I was showing off my blog to one of my loyal readers, I noticed that it said I have 99 posts. That means, for those of you who have math deficiencies, that this is my 100th post. So I thought I would do something fun like I did for my last birthday....or what I did for Heinz's birthday. And I didn't want to post anything else until I did this one - eventhough of course I thought of a lot of other things to post - but I wanted to make a really good 100th post. Of course I couldn't think of anything. I went to Google and I did all kinds of searches on the number 100. I came up with nothing. Then I searched on Wikipedia and I found a list of random things about the number 100 - like in Greece, India, & Israel, 100 is the number to dial for the police - kinda like their version of our 911. Also, did you know that there are 100 tiles in a standard game of Scrabble? Who knew! Also, there are 100 verses in the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall".*
But that wasn't fun enough to blog about. So I went back to Google and tried searching for things like "facts about 100". I still got nothing. But I found a really cool website with the most random facts....like if Coca Cola didn't have food coloring added to it, it would be green. Eeeew....green soda.....who would ever drink that?** Or
The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life. I loooove Bert and Ernie! So I thought that was cool. So this awesome website has a lot of other fun facts. They get funnier as you scroll. So you should definitely check it out.
Then I thought as I'm writing this that I could try to get 100 hyperlinks into this post. But that would take waaaaay too much effort.
Then I thought I would look up how to say "100" in a lot of other languages. But that was fruitless. But I know a song that teaches you how to say "Hello" in many other languages. It's from the amazing cartoon, Animaniacs. You should check out the lyrics. It's much funnier if you know the tune. Maybe I'll sing it for you.....one day....or not....
So happy 100th to me. I hope you enjoyed all of my 100 posts. And may the next 200 be even more fun! And may we all be zoche to see the coming of the Beit Hamikdash bim'heira b'yameinu, Amen! ***


* Now you have that beer song in your head, don'tcha? Sorry about that. I could get the Animaniacs Hello song stuck in your head, but I think you might be more annoyed.
**About the comment on yucky green soda, if you don't know me that well, I'm a big fan of Mountain Dew. That's why that was funny.
***I also thought of writing a dvar torah about the number 100 but I couldn't come up with anything fast enough. Sorry. Maybe next time.

4 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Kvetcher said...

Happy 100th post. It's good you have loyal readers to have discussed your 100th post with. That was an 'awesome' website. And what happens after the next 200? Do you want those to be less fun? Well, as long as you have fun with them.

 
At 2/10/2007 6:56 PM, Blogger MooseCowLemur said...

A few facts that caught my eye from the really cool website:
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.

 
At 2/22/2007 1:48 AM, Blogger Eli7tw said...

Green soda...do you remember green cookies?

 
At 2/22/2007 1:50 AM, Blogger Eli7tw said...

and I remember when the animaniacs hello song was your answering machine message!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home