Monday, October 23, 2006

The Little Mer-maideleh

I remember seeing The Little Mermaid when it came out back in 1989 and I remember liking it. Then I watched it on a flight either to or from Israel about 6 years ago and I remember thinking how this is the dumbest movie ever! How could a man fall in love with a fish?!? I hadn't watched it since.
Last week, my office got a shipment of printer cartridges and apparently we spend enough money that they sent us a free DVD of The Little Mermaid, which is still the dumbest movie ever (with the exception of Napolean Dynamite - Hi Yehuda!) but it's my roommate's favorite Disney movie. I said to her and a few other friends that it's the dumbest movie b/c she's a fish and he's a man and how unrealistic is that? But she brought up that a woman falling in love with a monster and them getting together on the advice of the monster's talking appliances or a plain guy turning into a prince, flying on a rug, and winning over a princess is not so realistic either. Whatever! Best Movies Ever! So we watched The Little Mermaid tonight. When the movie ended, I once again shouted "That is the dumbest movie ever! How could she love him?! She doesn't even know him! They only spent 3 days together! And he did all the talking! (Just like my last date!) The whole thing is ridiculous. So my roommate says "Maybe they're Jewish".

5 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Bracha said...

*bursts out in an insane laughter*
ok I gotta be quite..in a computer lab..

thanks for that, Arona...You made my day!
I love you!!

 
At 10/27/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which movie is the one where a woman falls in love with a monster based on the advice of talking appliances???

 
At 11/02/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Liz the Great said...

Priceless! Am still cracking up.

 
At 11/02/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Sameach18 said...

Geez woman - monster...beast....talking appliances....HELLO!! Beauty and the Beast!

 
At 11/02/2006 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL. Not just Jewish, though--I'd say Chassidish, but she's not dressed to their standards. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home