Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm such an idiot

Ok. I'm not really an idiot. But that's the only explanation for the biggest mistake of my life and ironically, the first mistake I've ever made....on the day I was born. I was born during the 9 days. The 9 days are a time the Rabbis established for all Jews to mourn because of all the horrible things that have happened to the Jews over the centuries which they attribute to the fact that Jews keep sinning. It culminates with Tisha B'av, a day of national mourning for all the horrible things that happened during this time of year, particularly the destruction of both Batei Mikdash. It's basically a very very sad time with a few restrictions, such as no parites, no meat, no wine, you can't buy anything new, etc. So I chose to join the world during this fabulous week. But not just during. I was born the day before Tisha B'Av. What was I thinking?! Some years, my english birthday comes out before or after the 9 days. Like last year when I was able to have a really awesome party (where Yehuda met Dena and now they are getting married and they are my 4th couple!) But this year, my english birthday came out on the 7th of the 9 days. When friends asked me what did I do for my birthday? Did I do anything fun? Any fun parties or anything? I said no. I can't do that. So I watched Gilmore Girls and ate dairy. Nothing against Gilmore Girls, but I want meat. And I want a party. So I beg all Jews to please stop with the sinning. It's generally bad for us, and it doesn't look good for yourself either. But really, I don't like being cheated out of proper birthday parties! So please stop sinning already so I can have a party on my birthday! (Oh and also, it will bring Mashiach)

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice see how people looked a year ago!
You could've had an ice cream cake! That's THE best birthday present (except for ones that are wrapped with pretty wrapping paper that you get to wrip!)

 
At 8/04/2006 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and party hard this shabbos to celebrate

 
At 8/04/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

I didn't realize that they met each other there - that's so crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home