Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yet another joke on my life

Wanna hear a funny joke? Abigael's sent me a coupon for a free entree for my birthday and it's good 7 days before until 7 days after my birthday. That's 15 days. Cool, right? In case you don't know, Abigael's is a lovely meat restaurant. Meat is one of the few things that is not allowed during The 9 days. Well, 7 days before my birthday this year is Rosh Chodesh Av thru the 7th of Av. So there go those 7 days. Then my birthday is on the 7th. Then the 7 days after my birthday are 8th of Av & Tisha B'Av, and then Friday & Shabbat. Then we have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. So, because the Jews sinned, and are still sinning, and we are all mourning, and now we can't eat meat this week, out of the 15 days that my coupon for a free entree is valid, I can only use 3. And you better believe I'm going to use it during my 3 days.

1 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can wholeheartedly sympathize. My secular birthday also often falls out during the 9 Days. Fortunately, this year I was safe. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home