Thursday, September 21, 2006

Why am I always the last to know?!

I had the following conversation a while ago. I'm going to really change the names b/c they are unimportant except that I can't follow pronouns so I need some names there. Except I'm not chaning my name b/c that would just be silly.

Andy: Hey...blah blah blah....normal conversation.....So are you dating Herbie?
Me: Sadly, no. Why do you ask?
Andy: A friend of mine wanted to know.
Me: Reeeeally... Why?
Andy: Because he saw you two talking.

Lesson number 1: If a girl is talking to a guy, it must be that she's dating him. Why else on earth would she be talking to him? Seriously?

If you thought that conversation was ridiculous, check this one out. I recently emailed a few friends - by a few, I mean a lot. One of them wrote back to me asking if I was going out with "Herbie". She inferred that from something I had written in the email. So I told her that we are not going out but that she is not the first person to think that. I then told her that if she hears that "Herbie" and I are engaged before I hear about it, she should let me know.

Lesson number 2: If you mention a boy in an email, you must be dating him.

Apparently, more ppl know about my dating life than I do. So if any of you out there know anything about my dating life, can you please let me know? That would help me out a lot! Thanx so much.

6 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger SusQHB said...

i think i know who herbie is

 
At 9/22/2006 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn I've been unmasked!

 
At 9/25/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Bracha said...

People often ask if you are doing/want to do something when they know that right now it may not be true in hopes that in the future it will be.

I.E.
I have chocolate. Friend wants chocolate.
Friend: You know you want to give me a peice.
With that subtle suggestion, it becomes true.

Maybe this is the point here with herbie?

 
At 9/26/2006 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

herbie's hot

 
At 9/28/2006 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This, my friends, is how rumors get started...

 
At 10/23/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Lans said...

do not date anyone with the name Herbie.. or at least come up with better Pseudonyms and teach me how to spell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home