Monday, August 14, 2006

חפץ חשוד

A few weeks ago, Esther and I were walking around Best Buy and we stumbled into the TV show DVD section. I spotted She-Ra on DVD and I flipped out. She is the coolest cartoon ever! She totally kicks butt - literally! So Esther bought it for me for my birthday - seriously best birthday present ever!
Last week, while I was all bummed b/c my birthday came out during the 9 days and I did not get a party, I got a package in the mail. I was not expecting anything and I hadn't ordered anything and I didn't recognize the return address, altho the envelope said EBay on it. But I didn't bid on anything......or I don't remember bidding on anything....uh-oh.... So I opened it. It was the best of He-Man on DVD! I'm trying to figure out how this came to me. First I thought maybe Esther bought it for me. But she already bought me a present so why would she buy me another one? Then I thought maybe someone saw it on my wish list. But it's not on my wish list. I thought of trying to track down the return address through ebay and asking him who purchased it. But that takes too much effort and it probably wouldn't work b/c I wouldn't give some random person that kind of info.
Oh beloved gift giver, please let me know who you are. And also, thank you for buying for me a most awesome gift.


*For those who don't know, a חפץ חשוד literally means "suspicious object". It's a phrase used in Israel to describe any bag or package or anything left unattended that could potentially be a bomb, חס ושלום.

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 11:12 AM, Blogger SusQHB said...

Hmmm, well if no one claims to be the mysterious sender I'd be happy to say it was me. Lets go give blood today! I'll call you later!

 
At 8/15/2006 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was me!!!!!!!! (jk)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home