Monday, February 27, 2006

My Ode to Dating

I have no idea when I wrote this or what I wrote it for. But it seems pretty funny and I found it on my laptop - while I was looking for something else I wrote last year that I wanted to post on my blog. anyways, enjoy this poem. It's patented and copyrighted. so no stealing!


My ode to dating……ugh!

I just woke up, the hour’s late.

I totally forgot I have a date.


Do I have time to jump in the shower?

I wonder as I keep watching the hour.


Sure, plenty of time to get clean.

Didn’t he call it for 6:15?


I grab the soap and towel and shampoo,

And I must bring Rubber Ducky too!


I’m finally done with my shower.

That was fast….only took me 2 hours.


I’m out. Now time to get dressed.

What should I wear to look my best?


If I want to look like a good frum girl,

I best be sporting my headband and pearls.


Headband??? That means I must do my hair.

But then I must decide what to wear!


3 hours for my hair, that’s pretty quick.

But I hear that clock; tick tick tick.


I finally decide on what to wear.

But my shoes don’t match the clip for my hair.


Back to the drawing board again and again.

I finally decide and get dressed when….


I check the clock. It’s laughing at me.

I’m nowhere near ready and it ½ past 3.


I must do my make-up – Clinique please be true.

My whole fate depends on you.


‘cause I’m a single girl.

But soon I’ll have to leave my single world.


Did I just hear a knock at the door?

Time to go out with someone I’ve never met before.


There’s just one problem I forgot his name.

Flipped through the phone book but that’s not the same.


I’m all dressed and ready for a formal night

When my date asks me “how about Kosher Delight?”


That’s where you’re taking me for dinner????

And he didn’t open the door for me. He’s a real winner!


The date went on. He belched and burped.

He ordered a soup and even that he slurped


I kept wondering could it get any worse?

As I searched for the watch buried in my purse.


But he seemed to really like me

Could it be it’s only 7:30???


I want to go home. This date is not fun.

But he’s gung ho. Our date is not done.


When? When? When is this through???

You’re mean and rude and I don’t like you!


I’m home finally, the end of the night.

What a horrible awful terrible sight.


I must call all my friends to cry and lament

And tell them all how my awful date went.


I don’t want to do this ever again.

Be'ezrat Hashem by Me!

2 Comments:

At 3/02/2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arona - we worked at the OU when this date happened...

 
At 3/06/2006 1:43 AM, Blogger Sameach18 said...

That's possible, but I feel like I've had so many like that.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home