Monday, May 15, 2006

Separate Seating?

I went to a meal a while ago. It was a fairly large meal with a majority of girls - which was surprising b/c the theme of the meal was meat. Everything had meat in it. Even the dessert was fleishigs. Anyways, there were 2 tables. One was mixed with guys and girls and single ppl and married ppl. The other table was about 10-15 girls. One of the guys at my table suggested to his roommate they go over there to balance the room. His roommate replied, "Yeah, that's the estrogen table". I almost had an accident.
I had forgotten about that comment. But this past shabbat, I went to the Seudah Shlishit in shul and for some odd reason, the seating works out similar to that meal....except the opposite - there's a mixed table and an all-guys table. Of course I sat at the all-guys table. I was talking to my friend there and he pointed to the "mixed" table - which is really mostly girls - and he said, "Ya know what I call that table, right?" What? "The Estrogen table"
I'm still laughing....

3 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger SusQHB said...

Dude, I was there, I was there! Basserfest rules! And yes, I too sat at the boys table. But can you call it that with all the chatty couples at the end having their own meal and ignoring the rest of us? What were they doing there? Weren't those tacos good? I never did get my bowl back. Damn the Wolfe's! Damn them!

 
At 5/15/2006 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reference, whoneedsalastname. Glad I was able to brighten your day.

Yaakov

 
At 5/18/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Lans said...

i am more curious as to a fleish dessert....?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home