Monday, February 26, 2007

A quarter is worth a thousand dollars

I live in NYC where, surprisingly, a lot of things in life here revolve around having quarters. There are certain things that you can only pay for in quarters. The three that come to mind are laundry, buses, and parking meters. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them now. I never realized how much a quarter is worth. You all think I'm nuts because of course a quarter is $.25. Boy are you wrong! A quarter might literally be worth $.25, but when you get on that bus to go to work, or you're in the laundry room with a washer full of soaped up clothes, or you're in a car with the spot by the meter, you can have a million dollars in 10 different bank accounts, and you can have a hundred dollar bill in your wallet. But if you don't have quarters, you are so screwed. You can't stay on the bus, you can't do your laundry, and you have to move your car, or risk getting a ticket - which costs way more than just the quarters it costs to feed the meter. I suggest, before you go anywhere, you can have that $100 in your wallet. Just make sure some of it is in quarters. Or you might be stuck somewhere with no clean clothes and no way to get home.

3 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 11:47 AM, Blogger Rik said...

I read this to my roommate because she completely agrees with you!

 
At 2/26/2007 11:47 AM, Blogger Rik said...

oh yeah, I forgot, this is Rivkah Nemoy :-)

 
At 2/26/2007 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do what I do, go to the bank, and get 2 rolls of quarters for a twenty. Then you have quarters, AND like a pound of weight in each pocket, so the walk back from the bank totally counts as exercise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home