Friday, July 20, 2007

That girl is poison

I learned a very valuable life lesson today. I got an eye infection yesterday - actually a month ago but I was not aware. I went to the eye dr today in the middle of my work day. He explained everything to me and told me very clearly, "you are Not contagious.....but keep your own towels and stuff" So I'm not contagious. Super! I went back to work and they all asked me what happened. I said "well, I had this eye infection but - " and one of my co-workers cut me off and jumped back and said "omg you have pink eye don't touch anything". She never let me get to the part about how Not contagious I am.
I've had pink eye more times than I can count. I'm so so careful. I never touch my face and I never touch anyone. I've never passed on an eye infection to anyone. I don't even use the same hand for both contact lenses.
The lesson from this story is that when you have an eye that's bright pink, don't tell ppl you have an infection. They will not go near you. They won't even sit next to you. They won't even share the same table as you. They won't even share the same city as you! Just tell them you're a drug addict and you had a few too many last nite. Or tell them one of your parents is an albino and you got that one's eyes. It's sooo much easier and it won't result in you being treated like you have leperacy :-)

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2007 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refua Shlema! I hope it's not bothering you too much. But it doesn't sound too bad if you weren't aware for a month. I liked the bit about your albino parent. Next time maybe you should tell them you have leprosy. Keep them on their toes, I always say.

 
At 7/25/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Mark Dredze said...

We all greatly fear pink eye. Some of us are color blind so we fear all lightly colored eyes (red, pink, green, yellow, whatever).

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home