Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What time is it??

Arona can not tell time. That is why Arona should never wear a watch with a face! Only digital!

Every morning, I set my radio alarm for somewhere between 6:30 and 7 a.m. depending on the day and if I need to do something in the morning. Every morning I wake up between 7:30 and 7:50 and end up sprinting out the door. Yesterday morning was no different. I woke up to my radio, I looked at my analogue watch and saw that the minute hand was on the number 10. I naturally assumed it was 7:50, said my usual "oh crap!", ran to the bathroom, threw on clothes, grabbed my jacket, and ran out the door. I got to the bus stop and the other dude who is usually there was not but there were other people around. I didn't really think that was weird. But then I picked up my cell phone to put it on silent and I saw that the time on the display - in big numbers - said 7:04 a.m. 7:04??? That can't be right. I called my roommate and I asked her what time it is. She said "it's 7 o'clock. what's the matter?" And once again muttered to myself "oh crap!" and got on the bus that of course was right there. I was an hour early to work yesterday.

One would think that I would learn my lesson. I woke up today,
again at 10 to 7, I looked at my watch, thinking it was 10 to 8, almost got out of bed and made my usual sprint for the bus. But I caught myself. I looked at my digital clock this morning, saw it was only 10 to 7 and rolled over and went back to bed. Then I woke up at 10 to 8 for real and realized I was about to be late so I ran.

The moral of the story is Arona needs more sleep....shocker.....

2 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make the mistake of always buying a watch that only has 12-3-6-9 marked, so I'm always an hour off when ppl ask me the time!
Fortunately, I don't use my watch for waking up purposes. Maybe the solution woiuld be to stop sleeping with your watch on.

 
At 5/25/2007 4:00 PM, Blogger 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 said...

One could say you're lucky that you always misread the clock to be an hour later than it really is, rather than the other way around.

Nice blog, and nice meeting you at my sister's place the other day. Don't forget to let us know all about your trip to Florida.

Shabbat shalom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home