Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Join the MTETPIWJTTS

I think ppl in general have a warped sense of time. Allow me to explain. Did you ever ask someone to do something and beg them, saying something like “Oh it’ll just take two seconds”? And then 1/2 hour later, they’re really pissed at you? Well I think ppl who say that should be shot! Well maybe not shot, but they should stop saying it. I am starting a movement - the Movement To Eliminate The Phrase "It Will Just Take Two Seconds" - or the MTETPIWJTTS. B/c it never really takes two seconds. That’s all a lie. Like when my roommate told me to take the garbage out when I was already running late in getting to work. She said it will just take two seconds. Well it didn't. b/c instead of flying down the stairs - and taking out a few ppl in the process - and just just making it to the train, I now had to stand on the 5th floor and wait for the elevator to come, plus the elevator has an outside door so I had to wait till it closed before the real elevator door could close, then I had to take it to the basement and leave the elevator to throw out the garbage - i.e. let the elevator go and then have to wait for it to come back down to the basement. So this whole process did not “just take 2 seconds”. No no no. It took about 7 minutes. Now 7 minutes may be nothing at 10:26pm on a Tuesday nite when there's nothing on TV and nothing to do. But in the morning, when you're running late to work, it can make a world of difference.
So I am starting a movement to eliminate that untruth-ism “It’ll just take two seconds”. Because we all know it won’t. So the next time you verbalize that falsehood, think about what you’re saying. It’ll just take two seconds.

1 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

ha ha ha -so true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home