Thursday, October 06, 2005

Don't have a good end!!

Around this time of year, during the ימים נוראים, people are always full of good wishes and whatnot. Everyone's wishing everyone else a כתיבה וחתימה טובה. For example, when I got to work today, one of my co-workers wished me a "גמר טוב". That was very nice of her. Until I thought about what that really means. "גמר" means finish or end - like - לגמור. And טוב means good. So my co-worker just wished me a "Good End". Now I know there are some people out there who don't like other people and do mean to wish bad stuff on them. That's kinda weird....whatever....I'm not judging..... But I would like to think my co-worker does not want me to have a "good end". and I would like to think that most people don't want to wish that on their friends.
So I would like to correct everyone and wish everyone a גמר חתימה טובה and a שנה טובה.

4 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 5:16 PM, Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

Yay, Arona posted again! Wow, somebody actually said גמר טוב - weird.

 
At 10/09/2005 7:35 PM, Blogger Aliza "La Jewminicana" Hausman said...

Almost fell out of the chair. Almost fell out of the chair truly and honestly. Oh, my stomach hurts. Haha. ROTFL.

 
At 10/09/2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Hinda said...

Ha! You're awesome! Hope your new year STARTED well! I didn't say anything about an END! How nice, considerate and humble am I? See you soon! Have an easy fast.

 
At 10/26/2005 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. thanks for the laugh. Have a good year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home