Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hey you! You're beautiful!

I recently got very into being blunt and also saying things that I'm thinking and not being shy about it. Like the other day, I was in shul and this random girl who I never met was in front of me and she had a beautiful voice. So after davening, I tapped her on the shoulder and told her so. One time, I saw someone in the pizza store with shoes I loved. So I went up to her and asked her where she got them and we had a whole converstation about them. Of course 2 seconds later, I totally forgot what she said and I never found those shoes. The friend with me in the pizza store thought I was nuts and I think that woman might have also. But what do I care? And wouldn't you love it if someone came over to you at random and just handed you a compliment?
The reason I say all this is that I used to not be like this. Shocker, I know. There was once this advisor I met when I did NCSY and I always said from the moment I saw him that he has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Like crystal, blue, the kind ppl pay for, so beautiful. And I always wanted to tell him so. But my friends said I can't b/c he might take it the wrong way, like I'm after him or something. And I thought why can't one person compliment another without someone it meaning anything more than just what was said? UGH! UGH I say! People are so stupid.
So I never told him. I always regretted not telling him. And now I don't see him anymore so I'll never be able to tell him. So sad. So ridiculous. Oh well. Life goes on. But if you're reading this, advisor man, you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

4 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 12:56 PM, Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

UGH! UGH I say! People are so stupid. -ah, true Arona-speech

Yay! Arona's back blogging!

It's true that us guys might take things the wrong way, but it can't be that bad. Keep up the good complimenting work!

 
At 10/20/2005 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your new policy. People do appreciate being complemented and why not be honest if its nice.

 
At 10/29/2005 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arona! its me, amy g from uyo, i hope you dont mind me commenting on your blog but im so happy to hear that your complimenting random ppl and that ur doing well! i love it when random ppl compliment me and when i do it to others. it makes everything really nice and friendly. and theres no reason not to! (im abt to go on a bit of a rant here so just a warning) ppl are so afraid of making a connection or just being friendly to someone else. like what is the big deal abt that? were all ppl, no matter who we are. as unique as we are there are some things that we all go thru like being pissed, laughing, and shopping (haha i had to invclude taht bc the last few times i went shopping it became like a group experience w random ppl in the store anyway). like what is the big deal abt making someone feel good!? im going to declare a resolution for myself right now, im going to make a geniune and honest compliment to atleast one person everyday. there is so much beauty and happiness in the world why not be open to it and share the love!
love and faith hun!
p.s. hope i didnt freak u out

 
At 11/15/2005 11:53 PM, Blogger Sameach18 said...

hey amy G! I miss you. you sound like you lived in the 60's....peace and love! but yeah. compliment someone every day. I should do that too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home