Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Lesson in Gravity

We all know the famous saying "What goes up must come down". Well, FYI, everything will eventually fall down without necessarily going up first. Like if you pour water into a cup, the water is not gonna go up first and then go down. It's also gonna go right down, no matter where you put the cup. (no, I did not spill anything!) Similarly, if your hands are full of water, and then you raise them up, the water will run down your arms as long as your hands are up in the air....because if you're lifting the water on your hands up, it will find a way to get down. If that involves getting your entire arm wet, that's your problem. Gravity is just doing it's job.
Now that we've established that
as long as you lift your arms up, water will go down your arms and get you all wet, then why would you put a paper towel dispenser high up enough that you have to raise your arm up to dispense the paper towel, allowing the water to drip all the way down your arm and then you get all wet and then you need more paper towels?!
I get that if you put a pile of paper towels on a counter, and then I go reach for one with my wet hands so then all the paper towels in the pile will get wet because my wet hand just dripped all over them. So put them in a dispenser lower down on the wall! Why do I need to always take a shower just to dry my hands? Can someone please explain this to me?

2 Comments:

At 12/05/2007 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's early in the AM and I am not sure what the problem is - you make perfect sense to me. I thought I was the only one.
Johnny

 
At 3/06/2008 4:05 PM, Blogger YC said...

It's a great, vast, right-wing conspiracy by the paper-towel industry to get you, the unsuspecting consumer, to use more paper towels. NADER IN '08!!! ;-P

-"Rabbi"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home