Wednesday, November 02, 2005

You want a piece of me?

One thing that frustrates me about my job - which I really do love, in general - but there's always one thing not being perfect about it - is that I'll be on the bus thinking of a plan of what I need to do that day and in what order and I'll be all good because I can now focus and get work done and be productive. Then I get to work and I find 30 emails from my boss and 20 phone messages from him asking me to do random stuff. Then the someone wants me to make a postcard and mail it out. Then someone else wants his lists. Then someone else needs something. Then the boards need to be changed. Then someone else. Then someone else. And don't forget the phones ringing always and forever with the annoying ppl who call and ask "What time does ___ start? it says on the flyer 6:30." Yeah we just put the times on the flyer for fun. And then there's just me being generally tired and lazy. So by the time it's like 3pm, what have I done? I still have my to-do list in my head with nothing done, and my to-do list on my desk with nothing checked off. and that's very annoying. Because then I have to regroup and re-assess and still get all the work done that was in my original plan but now i have less time to do it - or just stay later which sucks. So that is very annoying. Good thing my favorite co-worker over here has the same issues so we stay late together! YAY! And then I can come back tomorrow, start fresh, with all my grand plans of what to do, only to get interrupted by a thousand different people who all want a piece of me.

3 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 8:16 PM, Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

good luck tomorrow

 
At 11/06/2005 1:35 AM, Blogger Aliza "La Jewminicana" Hausman said...

It sounds like they need to hire more people to specifically cater to someone else but instead they're working the two of you like dogs on the cheap. Hmmm.

 
At 11/15/2005 9:56 PM, Blogger Devora:-) said...

You favorite coworker...that's me!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home